Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    iYann
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello,

I would love to use <b>3 v</b>arious sets of featured links on the same site.

For instance:

– 3 featured links on a <b>page</b> that has 3 sub-pages (sub-menus)

– 3 different featured links on a <b>second page</b> that has 3 sub-pages (sub-menus)

– 5 different featured links on the <b>blog</b> to show the 5 main articles categories.

is it possible, or is there a workaround?

The site is inspirationyoga.ca

Thank you

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Yann,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to have different featured links on the different pages, you can enable and disable the featured links via page options but they will be similar on all pages.

Kind Regards

iYann
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Vako,

Thank you for your response.
    That’s too bad, it would have been very useful.

Do you think there is a way, with an HTML block, or with images, to simulate a somehow similar design, having 3 to 5 images on top, with links?

Yann

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Yann,

Sorry for the late reply, we were off for a while.

Can you please describe your issue more detailed? Can you please share the screenshot of the issue or a link where the issue exists?

Kind Regards

iYann
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thank you Vako, no problem for the delay.

I can share a link and describe the issue:

The website is: https://inspirationyoga.ca/

We have a menu with 5 items:

– 2 of these items simply link to pages. They are: “Horaires&Tarifs” and “Contact”… (no problem with these).

– But 3 of these items have a sub-menu. They are” “Cours”, “Sabine”, “Ateliers&Nouvelles” (note: this last one is set as the “blog page”)

For the last 3 items, we wish to show images on top, to refer to their respective submenus (in the same way that Featured links work).

I understand that we can have only one set of featured links.

So I would like to reproduce “Featured links” by adding a 3 column block, inserting images, linking to the proper sub pages.

I have made a test example here, in the contact page:

Contact

The problem is that these 3 images appear after the title. I wish they could appear before the title.

The second problem is that I do not know how to make changes to the Blog page (to add a 3-column block between the header image and the start of the blog content).

And the last issue I have is that I cannot take off the “Featured link” instance in the blog page (“Ateliers&Nouvelles”). In Blog page > “Modify page” > I Set “Show Featured Links” to No… It doesn’t work, the feature links still appear in the Blog page. For now, I only want featured links in the “Cours” page

I’m sorry this is complicated… Can you help?

Yann

iYann
    Participant
    Premium Member

I can document the problems described before, with those screenshots:

Showing the current “Featured links” in use: snipboard.io/U9x6QR.jpg

Showing a test to reproduce “Featured links” by adding a 3 column block: snipboard.io/SZC1WD.jpg

Showing problem with not being able to remove an instance of “featured links” in blog page: snipboard.io/paZm5B.jpg

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Yann,

1. On the contact page, you had 2 titles for the page, we removed first one and now the featured links appear above the page title. Please add this CSS snippet to get the result:

.page-id-134 .page-title {
    display: none;
    }

Hope it helps to get the result.

2. Actually we can’t understand the issue on the second part, as we explained before there are no possibilities with the theme options to have different featured links for different pages, so once you link the featured link to the link it will work for all the pages where they would appear.

3. If you want to disable the Featured Links on the blog page it’s not possible via page options, you need to disable them via customizer options, Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Featured Links.

Kind Regards

iYann
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thank you so much!

Follow up:

1. I actually didn’t need the snippet, because in Edit page, there is option “Show Page Title”, I just had to select “No”.

2. I used the Featured links only in the “Blog-type page”. While for other pages with sub menus (ex: Cours), I used the 3-columns block trick, set “Show Title” to “No”, and got the desired outcome!

Thank you,

iYann
    Participant
    Premium Member

Actually, there is still a minor problem about the idea of “faking Featured Links” in the following way (to recap):

– put a 3-column images block on top of my pages that have sub-menus.

– not showing the real “Page Title”

– Adding instead a Title Block (set to H1)

The only thing that bugs me is that those H1 titles don’t look the same as normal titles  (it should be Montesserat in uppercase I believe).

Is it possible to use a certain CSS in my Block “title”, on those pages “faking Featured Links”, so that it looks like real titles?

Example of a “faking Featured Links” page: Cours (font is not correct).

Example of a normal title in other pages: Horaires et tarifs (font is correct).

Thank you Vako.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Yann,

Can you please describe your issue more detailed? Can you please share the screenshot of the issue or a link where the issue exists?

AS we checked the pages, the titles have the same exact font attributes.

Kind Regards

iYann
    Participant
    Premium Member

Vako,

Thank you for the follow up.

I have made 4 screenshots with annotations, to simplify:

snipboard.io/69yjME.jpg

snipboard.io/fS40JA.jpg

snipboard.io/XeEoMI.jpg

snipboard.io/eV4x9q.jpg

Basically, it comes down to two questions:

– In the page “Cours”‘ we want to add a Title Block that will look like normal page titles.

– In the Blog page, the title doesn’t show, and we want it to show.

Yann

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Yann,

Seems that you removed the title, we checked the page and can’t get the title to appear, please see the screenshot.

Kind Regards

iYann
    Participant
    Premium Member

Sorry vako,

We are two people working on the site and the other person took it down for now.

I have just put it back now.

Cours

iYann
    Participant
    Premium Member

Actually, for the first point:

– In the page “Cours”‘ we want to add a Title Block that will look like normal page titles.

I found myself that I was doing an unnecessary step by adding a block title and wanting to stylize it to look like a normal title, while in this case, I could just enable “Show page title”. This was stupid on my side, I don’t know why I didn’t see this obvious option. So now it only comes down to one issue:

– In the Blog page, the title doesn’t show, and we want it to show.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Yann,

In order to assist you we need to check your site backend, please send us your website URL/USERNAME/PASSWORD.

Make sure to mark your reply as Private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.