Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Laura Edwards
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi team,

Wordpress sent me here. After this latest update, I now have problems in the theme. The paragraph spacing does not work (not even with custom html). And the inserting images with the editor is not wrapping the text around the image, nor is it displaying the correct size . The image displayed is always very large despite being resized to a much smaller size.

I’ve had to use custom HTML in order to get the image in the right placement. With that,  the text now wraps, and the image are now the correct size.

Here’s one of my webpages that displays the paragraph spacing problem.

French Genealogy Online Databases and Resources

I hope you can help!

Laura

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Laura,

At first, thank you for choosing our theme and service.

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Laura Edwards
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Laura,

We added a custom CSS snippet to correct the spacing issue, regarding your issue with the images, can you please share the direct link to the page or post you want to make changes to?  On the shared page, we can see that images are added as HTML embed code.

Kind Regards

Laura Edwards
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Vako,

I hit ‘enter’ for the paragraph spacing, and nothing has changed. It’s still the same paragraph spacing. I did find that if I edit in HTML, I can add a <br> to the <p> and I get the spacing I had before.

Concerning, the images:

How To Research Your French Ancestry

The first image you see of the light post, is the image I inserted through the editor. The other images, are ones I used custom html to add

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Laura,

To wrap the text around the image you need to align the image to the left or right, but your image has dimensions that locate the whole container, there is no space for the text to wrap the image when we reduced the image see what happened: https://nimb.ws/H3tfEP

Kind Regards

Laura Edwards
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Vako,

Thank you for your patience with me! Forgive my lack of clarity. I’m going to try and do better at it. The light post image was originally quite large. I resized and saved it to 264 by 167 pixels. When I insert the image with the editor, it blows the picture up to the very large size (looks like the original size) . When I use custom HTML, (I don’t add the height or width size either), the image is shown in it’s correct size format. That is the problem I’m having. Does that make sense?

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Laura,

You can change image size simply, on the right-hand side of the block options, please see the screenshot: https://nimb.ws/3ftedh

Kind Regards

Laura Edwards
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Vako,

Thank you for your help!  I’ll use this method. It’s just that before the wp update, I didn’t have to do anything all like that because I edited my images in the Media section.

But what you provided will definitely solve the problem!

Laura

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Feel free to contact us at any time, we are more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.