Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Valerie Stimac
    Participant
    Premium Member

I just changed my slider to two columns, and it’s cropping some of my images strangely:

What’s odd is that the crop of the image on the left doesn’t match the dimensions of the featured image when you click into the article itself…

Any advice?

Here’s my homepage where you can see the issue live: https://londonmymind.com/

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi,

Have you tried to rebuild thumbnails already? If not, then install this plugin and rebuild thumbnails to fix the cropping issue – https://wordpress.org/plugins/ajax-thumbnail-rebuild/

Dashboard > Tools > Thumbnail Rebuild.

Kind Regards

Valerie Stimac
    Participant
    Premium Member

I’m not sure that’s the issue – it’s older posts that are not cropping correctly, and newer posts which are being cropped. Why would newer images be cropped? Why is the slider cropping anything at all? If you go to the homepage, then click from the slider, the featured image is not cropped…

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Valerie,

That’s how WordPress media upload works, it generates new images with different sizes all the time you upload a new image. And slider crops images because those images should be big on a single post page but small in the slider for better page load speed.

Kind Regards

Valerie Stimac
    Participant
    Premium Member

Yeah, I know that. But why is it cropping images of the same size to different dimensions in the slider?

Duke
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi,

After changing columns you need to rebuild images because 1 column slider shows full-size images while 2 columns carousel crops images for better page speed.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.