Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrea D
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi,

I have a couple formatting issues I’m wondering about:

1.) I like the ‘Additional CSS’ section and have used it to change where the tagline appears. However, it’s very confusing to notice that when I view the website outside of the Customizer on my laptop, the tagline appears higher up than any of the screen options in the customizer for desktop, tablet or mobile.  I am really confused by this. How do I know what is accurate for a laptop?

2.) I added a new blog post and noticed that the image appears on the single post page but doesn’t show up on the main blog page. It does for a different post, so I’m not sure what would cause this.

Thank you,
    Andrea

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Andrea,

1. Can you please describe the issue in more detail? Please share the screenshot of the issue for more clarifications.

2. Please make sure that your blog post has featured image attached, in other case images won’t be shown on the blog page.

Kind Regards

Andrea D
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Vako,

Thanks for the fast reply. I don’t see a way I can send you attachments of the 2 screenshots for you to compare. The site isn’t live yet so I don’t have a link I can include.

Regarding my other issue, I’ve been looking at various WordPress videos and tried only including the featured image in the ‘Set Featured Image’ area of the WordPress page settings for the post. This seems to solve one issue- the image does appear on the main blog page and the post page when I did that- but it creates a new problem: if I remove the image from the block editor, I don’t see how I can include a caption beneath it and I will need to have captions crediting photographers.  I’m not sure if this is a theme compatibility issue or caused by a plugin or something else..

Thanks,

Andrea

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Andrea,

To share screenshots, please try to use https://imgur.com/upload

Captions can be displayed under images which are part of the page content, featured images by default cant display captions, but you can use several 3rd party plugins for that, please read related topic here: https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-display-wordpress-post-thumbnails-with-captions/

Kind Regards

Andrea D
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi Voko,

Here are the 2 screenshots I just placed on the Imgur site:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

Also, I realized that with the featured image, it looks like I have to un-select it from the Blog post options if I want it to not appear twice. It seems like it is okay when I do that.

Thanks,

Andrea

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Andrea,

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.