Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jack Slobodian
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi,

There seems to be a problem with the featured slider, which seem to occur after some theme updates as this didn’t occur before a few months back, whilst I was cracking down on page insights.

The featured slider is loading later then other things like blog posts, other images that are below it on the page causing a big page shift, terrible CLS scores and a poor viewer experience.

We have disabled all plugins and purged the cache and this problem still occurs. I have some print screens of the waterfall effect I can send to you.

Here is a note from my host on the subject.

‘<span style=”caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px;”>You can see the CLS doesn’t change, still “high”.  It seems to be just the way the theme loads it, if you look at the waterfall that image is definitely loaded last. I checked all theme settings and I cannot find any options like deferring / lazyloading to disable so I would reach out to theme support, this might of been a recent optimization they added which does “help” since its deferred but causes CLS issues which means, if they could define the HTML and still defer the image that would be best case, otherwise just disabling the way it’s currently being loaded will help with CLS.'</span>

Kind regards,

Jack

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Jack,

At first, thank you for upgrading to the pro version.

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Jack Slobodian
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jack Slobodian
    Participant
    Premium Member

This problem also occurs with other images loading after the text like the ‘featured links’ photos. Can you look into this.

So it’s the featured slider and featured links, photos that are loading after the front page blog posts. This is causing a page shift during loading.

If you have an email I will send you waterfall print screens during loading.

Also like said prior tests have been doing without any plugins in use and this problem still occurs.

Kind regards,
    Jack

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Jack,

You can also contact us via this email address: info.wproyal@gmail.com but we immediately checked the issue you described on our end, on our test servers and cant ge the same issue so because of it we asked to share login URL.

Kind Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.