Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Allen Ayres
    Participant
    Premium Member

I updated my site Friday 2/4 before leaving the office – after updating the theme, I saw the links that there were required plugins to add – I did. Saturday I received a text from a friend that she could not access the site. I couldn’t either and could not access the plugin folder to delete the plugins. Sometimes I got a 404 error, sometimes a 503 error.
    “Service Unavailable
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
    Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.”

This morning when I got into the office I deleted the elementor/royal plugin folders via ftp and the site is back to normal.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Allen,

At first, thank you for choosing our theme and service.

Actually, we tested the theme and plugins a billion times and never had this kind of issue, regarding your response, the issue is more related to your server/hosting issue.

Please note that these plugins are not required to use the theme, you can disable them.

Kind Regards

Susanne Schraml
    Participant
    Premium Member

I updated also the Theme – today, and now there is a box with:

This theme requires the following plugins: Elementor and Royal Elementor Addons. Begin installing plugins

But Elementor & Co. will not be required?

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Susanne,

Do not pay attention to this notice, as we mentioned above plugins are recommended for a better experience but not required, you can use themes without them.

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.