Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thomas A. Wiebe
    Participant
    Premium Member

Just bought the Bard Pro, and am slowly setting it up under WP 5.5.1. I have a main menu with 5 options, each with their own options. Using any other theme, they display and operate properly (when clicked, a top-level menu option shows a drop-down list, and it can be selected and displays properly. On my new Bard Pro Theme, no drop-down symbol is shown, and when clicked, it shows the top level content. I tried your free Ashe theme, and it behaved the same way.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Thomas,

At first, thank you for upgrading to the pro version.

Can you please describe the issue more detailed? Can you please share the screenshot of the issue for more clarification?

Kind Regards

Thomas A. Wiebe
    Participant
    Premium Member

NOTE: When I use your Insert Image button above, the image shows while I am editing but disappears when I submit it. So I loaded up the images onto Google Drive and provided links to the screenshots.

I have provided screenshots first of the Bard Pro theme settings I used, then a pair of screen shots showing the problem, and 2 screen shots showing the menu working normally using a Mega Menu plugin. Note: I have been using this menu for 10 years without a problem.  I bought your theme to replace one that won’t upgrade to WP 5.5 and is no longer supported.

All of the examples below were generated running under WP 5.5.1, in my test system.

Bard Pro Theme Settings

Screenshot: Main Menu Structure

Screenshot: Bard Pro Menu settings 1

Screenshot: Bard Pro Menu settings 2

Screenshot: Bard Pro Main Navigation settings

Main Menu working incorrectly (2 screenshots)

Screenshot: Broken Main Menu 1.

Note in the screenshot above that this is a 2 level menu, but that there are no operating drop-down indicators on the menu.

Screenshot: Broken Main Menu 2

When I hovered over a top-level menu item, no drop-down list was displayed. Note in the screenshot above, that when the Society option was clicked above, it went to the Society category archive page, rather than display a drop-down list to select a level 2 option from. This same behavior occurred in the free Ashe theme, also.

Main Menu working correctly (2 screenshots)

I ran two successful tests for menu function, using the WP org Twenty Twenty theme, and using the Mega Menu plugin with the Bard Pro theme.

Screenshot: Working Main Menu 1

Note in the screenshot above, that there are drop-down indicators for the top-level menu, as expected.

Screenshot: Working Main Menu 2

Note in the screenshot above, when I hovered over the top-level menu option, a drop-down list of the next sub-menu was displayed. When I clicked on a sub-menu option, it displayed the proper category archive page.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Thomas,,

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Thomas A. Wiebe
    Participant
    Premium Member

I am hosting my test system with a WAMP server locally on my PC, so unfortunately I have no way for you to access it.

If I can find a way to allow WAN access to this, then I will let you know.

For now, I am using the MegaMenu plugin to substitute for the menu, and that is working fine.

Thomas A. Wiebe
    Participant
    Premium Member

I figured out the problem. All of the javascript code did not seem to be working on my website. That would include not just your menus, but I have several buttons, etc that use javascript and ajax.

There is a “temporary” plug-in provided by WP to address the problem in WP 5.5. It is called Enable jQuery Migrate Helper.

I just installed and activated it, and all of the javascript code immediately started working properly, including the menu functionality in Bard Pro.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Thomas,

We are glad that you have managed to figure it out by yourself.

Feel free to contact us anytime.

Kind Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.