Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Timmy Tran
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi,

I’m using Ashe Pro. I want to customize everything about navigation menu and sub-menu (different font attributes and different background color, text color, hover text color, hover background color, active text color, active background color, etc…). I can use child theme so the changes will not be overwritten when updating to a new version. I am very familiar with editing JavaScript, HTML and CSS codes. Please point me to the right files to edit. Thanks!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Timmy,

You can add these styles using theme options, but if you prefer to use a child theme instead, you need to add these styles to the theme style.css file.

Kind Regards

Timmy Tran
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi vako,

Using theme options, the changes that I can edit are very limited. Here are some examples that I CAN and CANNOT change:

• I can change the background color of the main navigation
    • I can change the link color of the main navigation
    • I can change the link color on hover of the main navigation

• I cannot change the background image of the main navigation bar
    • I cannot change the background of the menu item when hovering on it
    • I cannot change the background color of the dropdown menu item
    • I cannot change or increase the width  of the menu item that is on hover
    • I cannot change the typography of the sub-menu item and menu items inside it

I will look inside style.css and find what I need to edit, but if you can list the classes or the IDs for the main navigation bar, that would help me out a lot. Thanks!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Timmy,

At first, sorry for the late reply, we had holidays.

AS you mentioned you are familiar with editing CSS, please inspect the mentioned elements and you will be able to easily define classes and IDS of the mentioned section.

Kind Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.