Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Deanna Talerico
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello Vako,

My tech person suggests it’s best for SEO to have the author name and bio snippet show at the top of the blogpost, but I only see a setting to activate/show it at the bottom. Is there any way to change this? Thank you

Deanna

homesteadandchill.com

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Deanna,

Unfortunately, we can’t move the mentioned section to the top of the post using theme options, but you can try 3rd party plugins that can do the job.

P.S. We never heard that a section on the page has any impact on where it is located, once the search engines scan the page they are doing it in milliseconds, so if the section is important on the page it does not have a big impact where it will be placed, it also depends on the section.

Kind Regards

Deanna Talerico
    Participant
    Premium Member

Okay, thank you Vako. How about this request: Can we add an underline to links within a blogpost – or only change the text color? Trying to improve contrast/visibility. I know how to do color change, but may like underline too. Thanks!

Deanna

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Deanna,

Sorry for the late reply we have been on holidays

Please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS and add the CSS snippet below:

.page-content a {

text-decoration: underline !important;

color: red;

}

Instead of the word “Red” in the CSS snippet please insert your preferred hex color.

Kind Regards

Deanna Talerico
    Participant
    Premium Member

Unfortunately that didn’t work. It made ALL links get underlined, even the categories, post titles on the homepage, etc.  I was hoping to only underline the links within a body of post.

I am also trying to figure out how to improve breadcrumbs and clean up the categories that show at the top of each post. Currently, it’s just a list of all the categories (which for some posts may be as many as 3-4). Most other websites have something like Home > Parent Category > Primary Category. Is there a way to limit to show only parent and primary, and show this “nesting” of content instead of a list with commas between?

Thank you!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Deanna,

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Deanna,

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.