Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Melanie S.
    Participant
    Premium Member

I had used the free Ashe theme and already created posts and did some customization. Now I activated a new Ashe Pro theme, but it doesn’t take over the sidebar (no sidebar is shown), nor the images on top of the page (under the slider) that links to the categories. How can I get these into my newly activated Ashe Pro theme? These two things (and the 3-column footer) were the reasons I wanted to change the theme (and upgrade to Pro). Please tell me what I need to do to take over the complete customized design (I don’t mind loosing old customization, as long as my posts are not deleted).

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Melanie,

At first, thank you for choosing our theme and service.

By default featured slider and featured links appear on the blog page, to Disable them on the blog page, please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Featured Slider/Featured Links and disable the section entirely.

In the Ashe Pro theme sidebars can be enabled in several ways, The first is to select page layout with sidebar, for this please navigate to Dashboard  > Appearance > Customize > General Layouts > Page Layouts and choose your preferred style which includes sidebars, here is the screenshot: https://nimb.ws/Pk14rf

The pages which are not listed in this customizer section can also use sidebars via page options, please navigate to Dashboard > Pages > Edit page > Page Options > Show Sidebar

Please make sure that widgets in the sidebar areas are added from the back end, please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and check sidebar areas are filled with widgets you want to be displayed.

If all these steps are done and sidebars still do not appear on the website, let’s check the issue from your website’s back end, In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Melanie S.
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello, thanks for the explanation. I noticed that the sidebar shows up on the “Blog” page or the individual post pages, but not for any other page (not on my old pages nor if I create new pages). I tried to do the second part of your answer, but I don’t find this option:

“The pages which are not listed in this customizer section can also use sidebars via page options, please navigate to Dashboard > Pages > Edit page > Page Options > Show Sidebar”. I cannot find this when I edit a page, where is the “Page Options < Show Sidebar”? Could you provide a screenshot please?

The third part is valid (“Please make sure that widgets in the sidebar areas are added from the back end,…”) – there is a sidebar in the widgets area. It just doesn’t show up on the Pages except for the “Blog” page/individual post page.

Also, no example images have been added although I selected “Import demo content”. It imported some pages and stuff, but no images. I would like to see some sample images for the perfect sizing of the various images – is there a documentation/list about the image sizes used for the various areas (in general or per style if they vary)?

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Melanie,

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Melanie S.
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Melanie,

1. Here are the page options to enable the sidebar on the custom pages: https://prnt.sc/L2qw5XR-4zPd

2. Regarding the images that were not imported during the demo import.

It might be your system’s or WordPress-related issue. Please, contact

your hosting provider and ask for an increase.

Ask them to update PHP settings to the following:

PHP max input variables 5000

PHP time limit 100

PHP memory limit 512M

Max input time 30

Upload max filesize 60M

PHP post max size 60M

cURL version

Or you can do this via hosting a control panel as well.

Also please disable any 3rd party plugins you have on the website. You can re-enable them after

Import. All be fine then.

Also, you can check our theme demo import on our testing site and make sure that it works properly.

https://app.instawp.io/launch?t=rea-free–pro-new&d=v2

Import the demo you want and check.

Please note that the Test site will expire in 4 hours. However, I

assure you that this timeframe will be sufficient to test the

important details of yours.

Kind Regards

Melanie S.
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello, thanks a lot, no. 1) worked for me and I can see now the sidebar and the footer is also displayed correctly. What is still missing is the Instagram bar on top of the footer. How can I switched this on? It is not displayed at all. I know how to add the Instagram to the sidebar, but I would like to have the one above the footer like in the standard Ashe Pro theme.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Melanie,

Actually its the simple process if the Instagram feed is connected correctly, please renew login details for us and we will take a look at your website.

Kind Regards

Melanie S.
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Melanie,

Actually to have Instagram feed in the footer section you need to do the same as you are doing for sidebar, we enabled now the Instagram feed exactly as its show on our demo sites, please check and let us know if you need any further help.

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.