Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brian Columbus
    Participant
    Premium Member

I have a weird, inconsistent, issue on a site I’m building (and nothing is publicly showing yet.) I have a small site, and I’m only using the Header on the home page, so for the other pages I’ve set the “Show Header” option to No and all is fine – except for the blog posts page. (I don’t mean for a single blog entry’s page, but the Blog page itself that will display the entries.)

This seems to have been working and then not several times over the past couple days. It was working fine, but now it’s not. I’ve continued to tweak the theme’s customization and have installed Elementor to use for one of the pages (an image gallery) but I’m not using Elementor for the other pages – I’m just using the WP editor.

Could Elementor have broken “Show Header” item? I’ve turned it on/off and saved several times, but nothing seems to have any effect now.

Any advice is appreciated.

Brian Columbus
    Participant
    Premium Member

I think I’ve answered my own question. Yes, Elementor seems to have broken the other pages! Too bad I got the image gallery working just how I liked – it was great! But this isn’t worth it, I think. If there’s a work around, I’m still interested.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Brian,

At first, thank you for choosing our theme and service.

Can you please describe the issue you have in more detail? Please share a direct link to the page where the issue appears and for more clarifications, please share screenshots of the issue.

Kind Regards

Brian Columbus
    Participant
    Premium Member

I’ve disabled Elementor and cleaned up the  pages, so that’s not the cause. But I’m still having the issue with the Posts page displaying the theme’s header despite the page being set to NOT show it. The header is defined in the Bard Pro settings, and I’m only using it on the front home page. Disabling it, using the settings in the below screen shot, seems to work for all the pages (and post pages) except the page that shows the latest posts.

I’ve tried logging out and back in, and I’ve purged the cache, all to no effect. Perhaps I need to recreate the posts page?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ik5ba6rf75i4rp7/screenshot.jpg?dl=0

thanks.

Brian

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Brian,

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Brian Columbus
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Brian,

We added a custom CSS snippet to fix the issue, please check and let us know if it works for you too.

Kind Regards

Brian Columbus
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thank you! I think I’m closer, but the CSS code I see seems to reference the Home page, which is the only page I DO want the header, and that seems to have the correct effect of removing the header.

.home .entry-header {

display: none;

}

Maybe part of my problem is the name of the page “News, Notes, and Other Things”? I could simplify the pages name and edit the CSS code, unless there’s another edit to the code you’d suggest?

Brian Columbus
    Participant
    Premium Member

Ok – I’ve messed around a bit and want to thank you! You got me started in the right direction. No matter what I named the posts page, it wasn’t working…until I tried “blog” as the referenced page in the css code and that seems to have solved it!

Thanks!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Brian,

We glad that you have managed to find the solution by yourself.

Please feel free to contact us at any time, we are more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.