Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    debreena
    Participant
    Premium Member

I turned off all of the uppercase typography I could find in the customizer. It is still popping up on everything else. I detest uppercase. It is very hard to read. Please? How do I go about turning it all off throughout the whole site?

Debreena

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Debreena,

1. To disable the drop cups on the blog page, please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Blog Page > Post Elements and turn if the option for drop cups.

2.  To disable the drop cups on the single post page, please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Single Post > Post Elements and turn if the option for drop cups.

Kind Regards

debreena
    Participant
    Premium Member

The drop caps were already off. I am trying to disable all UPPERCASE (not shouting, just showing what I want to disable) on the whole site. I turned it off everywhere it is listed. There is no option to turn it off on the Blog Page or Single Post, only drop caps were an option to turn off. There is also no where to turn uppercase transformations off on the titles of posts, etc., though I turned it off throughout all of the Customize > Appearance > Typography section.

Is there a css code I can cut and paste into the Customize > Appearance > Additional CSS section to turn the uppercase typography all off?

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Debreena,

Please share your website URL and we will check for possible solutions.

Kind Regards

debreena
    Participant
    Premium Member

https://debreena.com

I am still working on customizing the footer and so on. A work in progress. (smiling)

Thank you for your help!

Debra Matz

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Debreena,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS section add the following snippet:

.read-more a {

text-transform: Capitalize;

}

.widget-title h4, h3 {

text-transform: capitalize !important;

}

.related-posts a {

}

.single-navigation > div h5, .comment-author {

}

Kind Regards

debreena
    Participant
    Premium Member

It did not work for some of the uppercase lettering. When I put “read more” all in lower letters, not capitalizing each word. It capitalized them, which is fine.

The slider is still showing all uppercase, “read more” and categories, all of the categories on posts and pages are uppercase, and all of the buttons, including the “newer” and “previous” links.

What if I made a copy of the style css text and put the copy safely on my computer files, then changed all of the uppercase transformations to capitalize on my server? Or would that mess the theme up? OR is there a safer way?

Thank you for all of your help!

Deb Matz

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Deb,

At first, sorry for the late reply, we had holidays.

Please share direct links to the pages where the issue appears or elements with uppercase, we will change them to capitalize or to lower case which you preffer.

Kind Regards

debreena
    Participant
    Premium Member

We call holidays weekends here. Your term sounds much more fun.

Pages and areas with uppercase typography-

https://debreena.com

Slider- Categories and Read More.

Rest of the page- Back to Top toggle-link at the bottom of the page

Categories on all post listings

Single blog post- Categories above post title

Post Comment button,

Previous and Newer links at the bottom of a single post

Example- https://debreena.com/extraordinary-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Strangely, not on the title of a category page at the top of a category page, like the page below-

https://debreena.com/category/crafts/

That is in Capitalization typography. Perfect!

I know buttons are a booger and may have to stay in uppercase. Whatever you can fix to Capitalize instead of uppercase, I appreciate it greatly. Whatever you cannot, I still love the theme.

I need to do something about my photos. The Ajax thumbnail plugin is no longer supported. I may spend the winter redoing all of my hundreds of photos to one size to make the photos portion go smoother and have the slider images in smaller multiple images. I cannot find one thing on the perfect px dimensions for a blog post to crop the originals. I will figure it out, along with WordPress’ awful block editor and other not-improvements on writing posts.  I liked the Classic Editor, but that will be unsupported next year.

Bard works beautifully, even with WordPress’ “upgrades” that seem to screw everything up. ;D I love the theme! Thank you for all of your help. Whatever can be changed, cool. If not, I will deal with it. It is a visual and readability thing for us more crafty/artist types. Uppercase is hard for right-brained types to read, normally. I thank you all again for all of your help.

Deb Matz

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Deb,

Please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS section add the following snippet:

a {

text-transform: Capitalize !important;

}

span {

}

.comment-meta, .tagcloud a, .single-navigation span, .comments-area #submit {

text-transform: capitalize;

}

Kind Regards

debreena
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thank you! Before I insert it, I should insert it after the first CSS codes, or remove those and only have these? I want to be sure to do this correctly.

Thank you!

Deb Matz

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Deb,

Insert last ones after the first ones we shared.

Kind Regards

debreena
    Participant
    Premium Member

Perfect! Thank you so much for all the work you have done. I greatly appreciate it.

Bard Pro has been very easy to tweak to the way I want it. That was the only thing I needed help on. That is a first with a theme. This one will be easy for me to work with. Wonderful!

Again, thank you!

Deb Matz

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Feel free to contact us at any time, we are more than happy to help.

Kind Regards

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.