• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rebekah Glasheen
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi! I recently bought Kayn Pro to try and use as a child theme for the Genesis Framework on my WordPress website. Now I’m trying to set up the website and running into some difficulty with website appearance. Not sure if this is due to my lack of experience with WordPress, or if this is because Kayn Pro isn’t able to be used as a child theme for the Genesis Framework. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Rebekah,

At first, thank you for choosing our theme and service.

Can you please describe the issue you have in more detail? Please share a direct link to the page where the issue appears and for more clarifications, please share screenshots of the issue.

Kind Regards

Rebekah Glasheen
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi, thanks for responding!

I’m following a course that is taking me step by step on how to build a WordPress website. They bought the Genesis Framework and then used a child theme that they found on the StudioPress website, but noted that it would not support any type of e-commerce, so I decided to look elsewhere for child themes. I found Kayn Pro and followed the steps the instructor did to install the Genesis Framework first, then the one I would be using as a child theme. When the instructor did it, the child theme appearance seemed to override the Genesis Framework elements, but it seems like mine are just meshing in a strange way.

Here’s a link to the website I’m working on: https://rebekahhopeart.com/ Just looking around the website will tell you better than screenshots of this would; the pages seem to be a weird mix of both themes, and I’m not sure how I messed up and how to fix it. Below is a screenshot of what the instructor’s page looked like (all they had done at that point after uploading the Genesis Framework and child theme was put in a header image).

Since the results for mine versus hers are so different, I was wondering if maybe Kayn Pro isn’t compatible with the Genesis Framework? Or if I just messed up? It might have something to do with importing the Demo Content, but I can’t find a way to undo that.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Rebekah,

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Rebekah Glasheen
    Participant
    Premium Member
    This reply has been marked as private.
    vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Rebekah,

I will redirect this topic to the developer’s board and they will contact you.

Kind Regards

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi,

Nick is here from DEV team, unfortunately I can’t give you a clear answer here BUT – if the framework you want to use is coded with WP standards it will work with any WP  theme, if not then it only works with some themes which are supported by this framwork, or maybe you are doing something wrong and that’s why you can’t achieve this. Unfortunalty I am not good with these frameworks so this is all I can say in this case.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Rebekah Glasheen
    Participant
    Premium Member

Okay, well if you checked the website through the back end and weren’t able to clearly determine the problem and find a solution, I doubt I would be able to find anything different. Since this is an issue that makes the theme unusable for me, and neither of us seem to be able to solve this, who do I speak to in order to get a refund (since I’m still within the first 30 day period)?

Thank you for trying,

Rebekah

Rebekah Glasheen
    Participant
    Premium Member

I was looking into it further to see if there was any way I could make this work, but I’m hitting dead ends. I really liked the theme when I was testing it out, but I need one that works as a child theme for Genesis Framework, and since you don’t even seem to be familiar with this particular framework, I doubt that this would be set up for that sort of thing anyways. I didn’t realize that it wouldn’t mesh well until activating the Kayn Pro theme, but it’s pretty much useless to me now in light of these circumstances, so if I could get a refund that would be great!

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Rebekah

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi,

Please sens us Name/Surname & Email which you have used during purchase & we will refund, sent it on info.wproyal@gmail.com

Send link of this forum topic in the email as well.

Kind Regards,

Nick

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.