Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lola
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi !

I have a simple question about the Bard Pro Theme. After creating a full website (more than 800 pages) with the Bard Theme I decided to switch to the Bard PRO theme. Even if I set the theme up as I wanted to there is an option that gives me some troubles.

Indeed, the right side bar disappeared from all my pages even if the Page Layouts option are OK. I discovered then that the PRO version of the theme add some new options in each page and I’ve found the one that works for me :

Show Sidebar
    None       Left       Right       Both

The problem I have is that I don’t have the time to change that option manually in my 800 pages !

Do you have a clue or a hint that can help me to change that setting for all my pages at once ? I want to apply the same setting (Show right sidebar) for all my pages.

Thanks for your help !

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Lola,

At first, thank you for choosing our theme and service.

In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details.

To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo

Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.

Kind Regards

Lola
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hello ! I can’t give you access to my website. I’m currently working on it offline via WAMP and wait for it to be finished to upload it.

Is there any other way to process ?

Thanks for your answer.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Lola,

We requested the login URL to check for the option in the Customizer section, In the Pro themes sidebars can be enabled in several ways, the first is to select page layout with sidebar, for this please navigate to Dashboard  > Appearance > Customize > General Layouts > Page Layouts and chose your prefered style which includes sidebars, here is the screenshot: https://nimb.ws/Pk14rf

The pages which are not listed in this customizer section can also use sidebars via page options, please navigate to Dashboard > Pages > Edit page > Page Options > Show Sidebar

Please make sure that widgets in the sidebar areas are added from the back end, please navigate to Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets and check sidebar areas are filled with widgets you want to be displayed.

Kind Regards

Lola
    Participant
    Premium Member

Hi !

I’ve checked the “Page Layouts” is OK. My Widgets settings are good too.

What I’d like to do is to change the Page settings “Show Sidebar” for all my pages at once. I don’t find a global setting. As I have more than 800 pages on my site it would be a real hell to change that setting page by page.

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi Lola,

I will redirect this topic to the developer’s board and they will contact you.

Kind Regards

Nick
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

Hi,

Important: before adding the code, please make a backup. You can use this plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/ or make sure to test it on a development or staging environment before running it on a live website.

To set Right Sidebar for all pages you will need to insert the following code at the end the functions.php file. Then you need to visit your website home page and refresh it once (this will update all pages with the custom value). After that you can remove the code from functions.php file.

$args = array(
        'post_type' => 'page',
        'post_status' => 'publish',
        'posts_per_page' => -1
    );
    $all_pages = new WP_Query( $args );
    if ( $all_pages->have_posts() ) {
        while ( $all_pages->have_posts() ) {
            $all_pages->the_post();
            update_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'show_page_sidebar', 'rsidebar');
        }
        wp_reset_postdata();
    }

Kind Regards

Lola
    Participant
    Premium Member

Thanks a lot Nick ! It took me a chile before testing it, but it works perfectly fine 🙂

Thanks again 🙂

vako
    Keymaster
    WP Royal Team

You’re welcome! We are glad to hear that it worked out for you. If you have any more questions or issues in the future, feel free to reach out to me.

Have a great day!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.