- This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 1 month ago by Nick.
February 4, 2021 at 6:09 pm #58555
On the blog page and on the single blog post page I miss the number of comments below the title. Only when there are no comment there is the (dutch) text “geen reacties” (= no comments).
In the past it used to work. Could you help me with this problem?
<div id=”gtx-trans” style=”position: absolute; left: 174px; top: -10px;”>
</div>February 4, 2021 at 7:07 pm #58559
1. The reason for the issue can be your installed plugins, please deactivate them one by one and you will able to catch the which one was the source for the issue.
2. If you want to not lose all the changes made with the plugins, please install 3rd party plugin staging, clone your website database and make the changes on the cloned staging site, here is the video guide to better understand how it works.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtY-q5BBpeE
3. If the instructions above cant help, In order to assist we need to check your website from the back end, please install this 3rd party plugin “Temporary Login Without Password Plugin” which allows us to access your dashboard without sharing access details. To better understand how the plugin works, please watch the video guide below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMu0e78OpJo
4. We also need screenshots of the issue, plz.
Please make sure to mark your reply as private to hide it from the public.
Kind RegardsFebruary 4, 2021 at 10:35 pm #58566This reply has been marked as private.February 5, 2021 at 10:09 am #58577
I will redirect this topic to the developer’s board and they will contact you.
Kind RegardsFebruary 7, 2021 at 2:29 pm #59892
I solved my problem, but I’m not quite happy with it.
In ‘settings>discussions>other comments settings’ there is the option: ‘Automatically close comments on posts older than’
If you check this option, people cannot post new comments (that is what you want) but the number of comments below the title of a blog also disappears (that is what you don’t want).
For now, I unchecked the option and the number of comments are visible again.February 8, 2021 at 12:35 pm #59901
We are glad that you were able to found out the solution by yourself.
Feel free to contact us at any time, we are more than happy to help.
Kind RegardsFebruary 8, 2021 at 3:12 pm #59912NickKeymasterWP Royal Team
Nick is here from DEV team,
“if you check this option, people cannot post new comments (that is what you want) but the number of comments below the title of a blog also disappears (that is what you don’t want).
For now, I unchecked the option and the number of comments are visible again.”
Yes that’s how the Wp works, this is the default WP functionality we have not changed it and theme has no control over it. If you want to deny users to post comments please search for plugins which can do this, i am sure they exist on wp.org repository.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.